These are the specifications for the open-source charge controller project. These will be used to produce the final design.
This is part of the open-source charge controller project.
- Battery bank nominal voltage: 12 - 24 DC, (up to 48V would be good).
- Actual voltage range: 10-32V DC, (or up to 65V DC for 48V system).
- Current range: 0 - 20A DC
Required options (must have):
- Adjustable set-points (different types of batteries)
- Reverse polarity protection
- Over current protection
Useful options (nice to have):
- Battery voltage indication,
- Could be either series or shunt regulator,
- Low Voltage Disconnect,
- Voltage display,
- Current display,
- On-board data storage,
- Maximum power point tracking,
- Over voltage protection
Please visit the hardware and software pages for the full design, including design decisions and testing.
You can buy a kit here.